The process of installing a block drive
- Excavation of your old driveway
- Removal of rubble/waste
- Sub base of MOT type 1 to be installed, depth depending on ground density, this will then be compacted using a whacker plate.
- We then put a layer of sharp sand over the hardcore and screen it to make it level and smooth.
- We then Whacker the sharp sand to avoid any sinkage of the blocks.
- Then we install the blocks on top of the sand in the desired style/pattern.
- We then fill the blocks with a fine paving sand, whack it again to ensure the paving sand is fitted and then cover the drive with a sealer so the sand stays in place.
- Driveway complete.
If you are interested in getting a quote block a block paving driveway in Solihull or Warwickshire then please feel free to contact us to arrange a free consultation.